- 1 tbsp cooking oil (I used avocado oil)
- 2 1/2 lbs chicken thigh, diced
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger root, minced
- 3 tbsp red curry paste
- 2 cup chicken broth or water
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into 1” pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped into 1” pieces
- 5oz snow peas, chopped into 1” pieces
- 1/2 of a medium red onion, chopped into 1” pieces
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup loosely packed chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- cooked jasmine rice or cauliflower rice, for serving
Select Sauté (More/High) and add the oil to the inner pot. Once the pot is hot, add in the chicken and sauté until it is almost cooked through.
Add in the salt, ginger and curry paste. Stir and sauté for 1 more minute. Add in the broth or water.
Lock the lid and set the steam release valve to the sealing position. Select Pressure Cook (High) and set the cook time to 2 minutes. (See note below for stovetop instructions)
When the cook time is complete allow the pressure to release naturally for 5-15 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure. Press Cancel to turn off the keep warm mode.
Select Sauté (Normal/Medium) and add bell peppers, snow peas, red onion and carrot. Simmer for 3-4 minutes or until the veggies are at your desired tenderness.
Stir in the coconut milk and bring up to a simmer again to warm.
Serve atop cooked jasmine rice or cauliflower rice (for keto) and enjoy!
Stovetop instructions: In a large saucepan saute the chicken on medium/high heat. After adding in the spices and water or broth, simmer on medium/low heat for 10 minutes. Add in the veggies and simmer 3-4 more minutes or until the veggies reach the desired tenderness.