- 1 tsp honey (5g, optional) **can be replaced with 1 tsp inulin
- 1 1/4 cups warm of water (295ml)
- 1 tsp active dry yeast, optional
- 100 g egg white protein powder (1 1/4 cups)
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp redmond real salt
- 1 tbsp unflavored gelatin powder (10g)
- 2 tbsp allulose (18g)
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder (8g, optional)
- 6 tbsp Keto Olive Oil Super Powder (36g) **See the notes for substitution options
- Seasonings of your choice (everything but the bagel, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, flake salt, etc.), optional
Prepare a silicone baguette pan by spraying with cooking spray and preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
Whisk together the honey and warm water in the bowl of your stand mixer sprinkle the yeast over the honey mixture.
Allow to stand for 3-5 minutes to let the yeast bloom.
Add in the bun base mix or individually measure out the egg white powder, cream of tartar, salt, gelatin, allulose and arrowroot.
Start the mixer with the whisk attachment on low speed. Gradually increase the speed until full. Mix on full speed for 5 minutes or until you get a consistency similar to soft whipped cream.
Reduce speed to low and add in the olive oil super powder. Mix on low speed just until combined. Do not whip the batter at this point.
Divide batter into 3 wells of of silicone baguette pan and sprinkle with desired seasonings.
Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Remove the baguettes from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before removing. Enjoy!
Substitutions for Keto Super Powder in this recipe:
3 tbsp (18g) butter powder + 3 tbsp (18g) acacia fiber powder
1 tbsp (6g) coconut milk powder + 3 tbsp (18g) acacia fiber powder
3 tbsp (18g) mct oil powder + 3 tbsp (18g) acacia fiber powder
Calories & Macros per baguette:
Net Carbs 2.6g