- 3 large red bell peppers, cored and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp olive oil (or cooking oil of your choice)
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Aroy-d coconut milk
- bacon crumbles, for garnish (optional)
Toss the chopped red peppers with the olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Roast in your airfryer for 10 minutes at 400 degrees (no need to preheat the airfryer).
In a saucepan over medium high heat, heat 1 tsp of cooking oil of your choice and add in the chopped onion. Saute for about 3 minutes until translucent.
Add the roasted red peppers, broth, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp salt, basil leaves and coconut milk to the saucepan.
Bring the soup just up to a simmer to allow the basil leaves to begin to wilt.
Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth (alternatively, carefully transfer the soup to a stand blender to puree. Be careful as the soup will be very hot)
Dish out the soup into bowls, garnish with bacon crumbles if desired and serve. Enjoy!
Makes 4 servings
Calories and Macros per serving (excluding optional garnish):
7.2 Total carbs
5.1 Net carbs